Experience the delightful flavors of the Amalfi Coast region with a refreshing Sorrento Spritz recipe, a tribute to the stunning coastal paradise. The traditional Sorrento Spritz embodies the essence of the Amalfi Coast with its inclusion of limoncello, the renowned lemon liqueur symbolic of the region. However, recognizing that not everyone may have immediate access to this specialty ingredient, we show you an alternative way to create this zesty cocktail with a little less alcohol. Embrace the spirit of the Amalfi Coast as we craft a Sorrento Spritz, offering variations and substitutions for the quintessential limoncello, enabling everyone to savor a taste of this picturesque Italian destination.
Serves 1, prep time 2 minutes.
- 20mls limoncello / 3 tsp elderflower cordial and 1 tsp lemon juice
- 60mls prosecco
- 30mls soda
- lemon to garnish
- Thyme to garnish
- Press play on your Amalfi Coast retreat radio
- Pour the limoncello or substitute by pouring the elderflower cordial and lemon into a spritz glass and stir.
- Turn the glass sideways to add the prosecco, then add the soda on top and ice to fill to the liquid to the top of the glass.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon and thyme, Saluti!
If you haven’t already, immerse yourself in your Amalfi Coast Retreat.