Get ready to create the best Greek salad you will ever have! While Greek salads are already known for their refreshing flavours and vibrant colours, we’re about to unveil a secret hack that locals know and will take this classic dish to a whole new level. Prepare to make this a light staple with a harmonious blend of fresh ingredients, zesty flavours, and the added twist that sets this recipe apart from the rest.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red or green capsicum
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 handful of fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put on your Mykonos + Milos retreat radio
- Cut the block of feta cheese in half. Put one half in a bowl and crumble into large chunks. Put the other half on a plate. Drizzle both with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, juice of half the lemon, half the dill, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, ½ a teaspoon of dried oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Mix and let crumbled half in and leave both to sit.
- Allow the cheese to marinate for at least 20 minutes while you cut up your veges, but for even better results, marinate it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, capsicum and olives into bite sized pieces. Lastly, slice the red onion thinly then mix and combine into a large serving bowl with the capers leaving 3-5 spare to garnish.
Add the Secret Hack:
Take the marinated feta cheese out of the refrigerator and mix in the crumbled half into the salad until the crumbles and dressing coats everything.
Garnish and Serve: Use a kitchen flipper to delicately lift the half block of feta onto the top and centre of the salad. Add the left over capers and oregano to finish.
The creamy, herb-infused cheese beautifully complements the fresh vegetables and enhances the overall taste experience. With this recipe, you’ll be able to savor the best Greek salad you’ve ever had. Prepare to impress your family and friends with this delightful twist on a beloved dish. Enjoy!
If you haven’t already, immerse yourself in our balanced Mykonos + Milos retreat.