Local food stylist, recipe developer, caterer and food enthusiast Lucy Rosenberg loves mixing her love of food with fashion and is known for her big bold flavours. She shares with us her favourite iconic Bondi dishes she makes at home.
“A classic day in Bondi always starts with a Pilates class finished with a swim in the ocean. But to maintain eating nutritious food, I always pack my lunch for the beach, and this is my go-to salad. It’s the perfect, light but tasty dish that’s super easy to be made for on the go. I keep the dressing in a jar & pour it all over for when I’m ready to eat it.”
- 1 bundle of soba noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 an avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame, blanched
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fried shallots
- Juice of 1 lime
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup kewpie Mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place all dressing ingredients into a jar. Shake until combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Cook the soba noodles in a pot of boiling water for 5-6 min. Drain & run under cold water immediately. Drizzle with a dash of sesame oil & toss gently. Place them into a bowl.
- Add all remaining salad ingredients into the bowl.
- Pour dressing on top, toss & enjoy!
Lucy Rosenberg is a food stylist, recipe developer, content creator, caterer and food enthusiast mixing her love of food with fashion. Her love of food comes from her family. Growing up in a Jewish household with food as her social currency, she was always surrounded by an abundance of incredible home cooked food. It’s only recently that Lucy has taken the leap to follow her food career dreams and since then has worked and created content for Woolworths, MilkRunand many more. She also catered for the original Body Holiday retreat in Byron Bay in 2020 and clients such as Christopher Esber, The Parlour Room and many more high-profile brands. Her designer eye will always want to create the prettiest plate of food, mixing colours, textures, and tastes.
If you haven’t already, immerse yourself in a well-rounded Bondi lifestyle with our Bondi retreat.